What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer via webpages. Cookies are essential tools for the delivery of many Information Society services. Among others, they allow a website to store and retrieve information on the browsing habits of a user or his device. Depending on the information obtained, this can be used to recognise the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, two types can be identified:
- First-party cookies: these are sent to the user’s computer from a computer or domain managed by the owner and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: these are sent to the user’s computer from a system or domain that is not managed by the owner, but rather by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
If the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the owner himself, but the information that is collected through these is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered first-party cookies.
There is also a second classification, according to the period of time they remain stored in the client’s browser, which may be:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a webpage. They are usually used to keep information whose storage is only of interest during the provisioning of the service requested by the user, on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: the data continues to be stored on the device and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the cookie owner, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification, with five types of cookies, according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
• Technical cookies: those that allow the user to browse a webpage, platform or application, and to use the different options or services that exist on it, such as controlling traffic and data communications, identifying the session, accessing restricted parts, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process for an order, handling a request for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during browsing, storing contents for the dissemination of videos or sound, or sharing content through social media.
- Personalisation cookies: they allow the user to access a service with some predefined, general characteristics in accordance with a series of criteria on the user’s system, such as language, type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the regional configuration with which they do so, etc.
- Analysis cookies: they allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through these types of cookies is used for the measurement of activity on the website, application or platform, and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to make improvements based on analyses of data on users’ behaviour.
- Advertising cookies: they allow for the management of advertising spaces in the most efficient way possible
- Behavioural advertising cookies: they store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows for the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Deactivation and elimination of cookies
You have the option to allow, block or eliminate the cookies installed on your computer by setting up the browser options installed on your computer. However, when you disable cookies, some services may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies involves a different process for each browser, but usually can be done via the Tools or Options menu. You can also go to the browser’s Help menu, where you will find instructions. The user may, at any time, choose which cookies he wants operating on this website.
You may allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by adjusting your browser options:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer o Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
You can also manage the storage of cookies on your browser through tools such as the following
- Ghostery: www.ghostery.com
- Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
Cookies used at www.greenwardpartners.com
We now proceed to identify the cookies being used in this portal, as well as their type and function:
Acceptance of the Cookies Policy
In view of this information, it is possible to take the following steps:
- Accept cookies. This warning will not be displayed again when accessing any portal page during this session.
- Close. The notice is hidden on this page.
- Modify the configuration. You can obtain more information about what cookies are, the Cookies Policy of www.greenwardpartners.com, and modify your browser’s settings.